I have created this blog, if you can call it that in order to record my thoughts regarding the Alarakia side of my family. It is true that as a child I seemed to be the only one of my siblings to show any interest in my mothers family. I will not claim that as a truth as I am sure my siblings had the same thirst for knowledge as I. I probably just did not notice at the time. My younger days were often spent eliciting from my fathers family anything they knew about my mother and her family. As you can imagine they knew very little, but what they did helped me piece together what you see in this blog. 

It is my intention to keep this as accurate as possible, however I would be grateful for any assistance from other family historians/researchers in verifying what is written. I am already indebted to a number of contributors to the Gwulo website who pointed me in the right direction or gave me previously unknown information.

If it does not initially look like a blog as such it is because in the first instance I have uploaded the manuscript I created for my own use.

My mother Rubia Alarakia married my father Edwin Joseph Charles in Hong Kong in 1949. After the birth of their first child, my brother Patrick  in 1950, they returned to the UK later that same year. Living in my home town of Barrow-in-Furness they had a further three children including me in 1953. Sadly Ruby (as she was known) died suddenly in February 1955. That was the last physical contact I had with the Alarakia family until  1990 when I met my aunt Hani (Ruby's elder sister) and stayed in contact with her and her family until her passing in August 2020.

I do hope you the reader find this interesting and I would appreciate any input you are able to add. 

Enjoy.

Ken


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mahomed Sewjee Alarakia

Update

Great Great Grandfather Sewjee